Sunday, June 24, 2018

Diary of a Drifter House 5-Chapter 5-The School Project Fiasco


Chevy and I are really starting to earn some money now that we are advanced in our careers.  We have been fixing up the house pretty nicely along with some fun items for us and the family to enjoy.


Photography always interested Chevy and he decided to set up a studio in the house.  He would spend all of his days off just taking pictures of all of our neighbors as they passed by.  We hung the best pictures around our studio and Chevy set up a photo journal. He got the idea from watching me writing in my journal every day.


It really shouldn't be a surprise that Chevy became an expert in Photography in practically no time at all.




I did something different with my bonus money.  I decided that this family needs more activity.  Obesity seems to be a family trait and I'm hoping that ends with my children.  I bought some exercise equipment for the house which Bentley and Aiden are always using.  I guess that comes easily to active sims.


I thought a pool sounded like a fun idea to and I couldn't believe that they could make a pool in the shape of a dog biscuit.  I'm such a dog lover that I couldn't resist it.  I mean why just get a square or round pool when you can get one that is more creative and fun.


There was only one problem with it.  Emma is the only one who swims in the pool regularly.  I guess everyone thinks that I bought the pool just for the dog since its shaped like a dog bone.  Either that or they are too lazy which explains the obesity problem in the family.


Than the bathing beauty has to fall sleep right outside in the sun.  Poor thing so tired from her workout or she decided to work on her tan.  You just gotta love how a dog can just sack out whenever they want and wherever they want.


We were doing so well remembering birthdays when Bentley's birthday sort of sneaked up on us.



Chevy's birthday was soon after and this time we remembered to bake a cake.






And the last birthday was Brittney. She rolled the Rambunctious Scamp Aspiration and Loner Trait.



Usually they are the best of friends but all of a sudden Gunner went through a mean phase. The doll house was always broken which made poor little Brittney cry over her dollies but than he moved onto something different.


I was out grilling some burgers for dinner and came in to find Aiden crying.  He was working on a school project and walked away for a minute for a potty break only to find it smashed when he returned. Gunner was laughing away in the other room and he didn't even deny that he did it when questioned.


I comforted Aiden first and I assured him this would all be fixed.  I told Gunner he would have to help his brother rebuild the project something he wasn't willing to do but I didn't give him much of a choice.


To be even more defiant, Gunner went into the art studio and grabbed some of my paints and throw them on the floor to make a big giant mess.  I was ready to scream some forbidden words but thought better as that would have made the situation even worse.  I couldn't let Gunner get away with this so I had no choice but to deal with it.


I put Gunner in a time out figuring that some quiet time to think about what he did would do him some good.  Aiden resumed rebuilding his project and I decided to assist him.


After some time had past I let Gunner out of time out but I made him clean up the mess he made with the paints.  He clearly wasn't happy as he mumbled something under his breath.  I just shot him a look and he put his head down and went back to work quietly.


After Gunner finished cleaning I asked him to join us and I talked to both of them.  The whole thing was pretty silly.  Gunner was upset that Aiden was always picked for teams in the school yard before him.  Aiden is athletic like his father and Gunner struggles a bit with sports.  I explained to Gunner that he shouldn't be jealous of his brother as he has his own talents and Aiden offered to help Gunner practice more to improve.


After that all three of us worked on the project and happily completed it. Just another day in the Platinum house.

House 5 To Do List

1) Create a 3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom home worth at least $100k Simoleons (after Depreciation)

2) Achieve level 10 of the Painting career
-Patron of the Arts branch - on either the Main or Secondary Sim

3) Achieve level 10 of the Painting career
-Master of the Real branch - on either the Main or Secondary Sim

4) Achieve level 5 Photography
-On either the Main or Secondary Sim

5) Complete the Photography Treasure Hunt:

A completed Treasure Hunt collection should yield 10 photographs with all items, colors and Sims/Subjects used only once.

Required Items
1. Hats (Hats and Masks)
2. Hair (Hair, Facial Hair and Eyebrows)
3. Makeup (All types)
4. Accessories (Glasses, Gloves and all Jewelry)
5. Tops (All types)
6. Bottoms (Underwear, Swim Bottoms, Shorts and Pants)
7. Skirts (All types)
8. Full Body Outfits (All types)
9. Socks (Socks, Tights or accessory Leggings)
10. Footwear (All types)

Required Colors
1. Red
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple
7. Pink
8. Black
9. White
10. Brown



6) Produce and raise an Heir to the Young Adult lifestage













4 comments:

  1. I love the pool and how cute the dog swims in it! All the kids are looking cute. Sounds like you are doing great at this challenge so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that pool is too cute as is the puppy. Hopefully the family will take to using it and the exercise equipment. Moving right along and the kids are all so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you about the pool and the idea just came to me while playing around with the pool shapes. One can hope that they will take the hint about the exercise equipment but they are sims.

      Delete