Friday, August 26, 2016

Diary of a Drifter-House #1-Moving In


Hi my name is Darlene Holden and this is the first day in my new home.  I don't have much memory of anything that happened to me before today.  Its almost as if my life actually began today.  I know that is strange I should have some memories but I don't.  What I do know is I was promised a nice life, with a nice home where I could have a garden of my own.  I'm on my way to my new home and I'm so excited to see it.  I hope its air conditioned with a tv so I could watch the soap operas and maybe a nice stereo so I could have some music to dance to.  Oh I would so love to have music to dance to right now.  It seems as though I am here and I can't wait to get a good look at it.


Is that all?  Not even a Gilligan's Island Coconut Tree Hut?  Talk about your fixer uppers!   Where is the TV how am I going to watch my soap operas!  I'll never find out of Megan gets that brain transplant or not.  Looks like I have some work ahead of me.  The only thing I am sure of is that I will have plenty of room for my garden because that is all I have Empty Room.  I better check my bank account to see how much money I can use to get the basic necessities to turn this dust bowl into a castle fit for Queen Darlene.

What?  There is no money in the bank.  Zero Dollars!  You mean to tell me that Laura Ingalls has a better house than I do and I have no money in the bank at all.

When I was pulled out of that place they call "The Bin" for a challenge boy they weren't kidding.  This is a challenge!


Ok Darlene operation Live off the land is underway.  There is a stream over here maybe I can catch some fish.  I have heard that some other drifters sold some fish to start on their fixer uppers too.  Maybe I will have some luck also.

Darn crafty fish aren't biting today.  So far I haven't caught anything at all.  Must be the bait I'm using.  Duh Darlene you aren't using any bait.  I haven't any money to buy bait so how in the world will I catch any fish.  Yep those darn fish are crafty!  They aren't dumb enough to bite on a hook with no food on it. I'm sure they are all begging for the opportunity to become someone tuna fish sandwich.  Let me go to plan B because plan A was not working well at all.


Bingo a Plant to Harvest.  That is a wild chrysanthemum bush and I can tell that its ready to be harvested.  If I sell those I only get $5 in the bank account so that is not much at all.  I wonder if I can plant these and start on my garden.  They might be more valueable to me that way.  I'm starting to be in desperate need of bathroom facilities and $5 is not going to help me at all so I might as well save this for planting.  I don't know how long this is going to take before I can earn enough for a toilet.

Why didn't I take any Depends with me when I left that Bin place?


What is this?  Its a rock.  You know something tells me if I bang on this rock I'll get something out of it.  I know I have rocks all around me but it needs to be this one.  Those rocks are not special enough but this is a special rock.

What do you know I found Pyrite and I sold it for 10 whole dollars.  I'm wondering should I have held out for more?  I mean what does Pyrite really go for these days?  Actually I should be asking myself if I even know what Pyrite is.

I did find more of those special rocks and I got a Sea Monster Fossil, a couple of My Sim Trophys and an orange topaz.  Now I'm really cooking with gas.  Well I will be cooking someday as soon as I get enough to buy a stove but for right now I will just settle for a toilet.


I'm really in need of a bathroom now maybe I should ask this gentleman if he knows where the nearest ladies room is.  Maybe we should get a better look at him.  I heard that I will need an heir and I won't get one of those by myself so I better start looking.


Not bad at all so I decided to talk to him a little.  His name is Travis Scott and it turns out he isn't a bin person like me he is a premade person. He has his own challenge because someone kicked him out of his house.  How Rude!  I wonder who would do such a horrible thing.  He says that him along with a whole bunch of other premade are wandering the worlds looking for a home.  He wondered if eventually he would have a home with me Queen Darlene.  I wouldn't mind that but somehow I think I might play the field a little first and find out what is out there for me.  He gave me his phone number so if needed I can call him back.


I decided to try fishing again and what do you know I actually caught one this time!  The no bait method really does work.  Come on fishes bite on that hook. Mama needs a new toilet so she can pee like a champion.


Uh Oh now I really have problems.  Not only do I have to pee but my stomach is growling.  Didn't I see a grill over here someplace.


Yep I sure did.  I was able to grill up some hot dogs.  Not sure where I got the hot dogs from but I was thankful for them.  I just wish I had a refrigerator for the rest of them.  Those are going to spoil by tomorrow  morning.  Such a waste of food.

Its the end of the day.  Lets see how I did.


Better than I expected.  Thankfully I found 2 rare frogs that I was able to sell for $100 each so not only did I get my toilet I also got a shower!  Not bad for the first day.  My plans for tomorrow is to start on my garden and at least earn enough for a bed because....


this bench is not very comfortable.  I guess I should be grateful that I have it.  I should also be grateful that I have been given a life outside of the bin as I do plan to make the most of it.



11 comments:

  1. wow...this will be an interesting challenge. I've never been good at those start with nothing and build from there things. Looking forward to following Darlene along on this journey of hers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I needed a new challenge like a needed a hole in my head but when Mischief and I talked to be about it on Twitter I did get very interested. This is actually going to force me to do things in Sims 4 that I never did before including building a house and having children. Darlene was supposed to be the sim I was going to use for Going Solo but I used Marissa instead. I guess its safe to say I'm warming up to Sims 4 but its still no Sims 3 and never will be.

      Delete
  2. Great start! Darlene is so funny!!! I love how you explained the premades and how Darlene is aware of the game and the "bin"! I'm excited to see how she progresses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided not to give Darlene any back story so basically she has been dropped out of no where into an empty lot. She does have Cheerful as one of her traits so even that wouldn't get her down. Its going to be fun to see how all of this works out for her.

      Delete
    2. I really like how it turned out. The cheerful trait is handy! I can't wait to read more :)

      Delete
  3. Good Luck, Drifter!
    This was great 2 read..I love the funny banter in her head etc. =)
    Feel free 2 leave links every time that u update your blog...then I have no excuse 2 fall behind...also if u have Twitter u should come chat...there r a lot of Drifters there =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I most certainly will post links for my updates. I do have a twitter and I am following you. :)

      Delete
  4. A very good start! What a disappointment for Darlene that there was not a ready made house for her lol I love that she is from the place called "the Bin".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Darlene expected so much when getting out of the Bin but now she sees that she has some work ahead of her.

      Delete
  5. I'm enjoying Darlene's witty inner dialogue. Poor "Bin person."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your start, and the unique way you're using the game parameters. On to the next chapter!

    I deleted earlier due to a typo. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete