Monday, November 7, 2016

Diary of a Drifter House 2a-Chapter 2-It's Wonderful Life


After we found out about the baby I decided to spend some of the money I was saving up from my rounds, frog breeding and plants to build some walls and put a roof over our heads.  It's really nothing much as of now so I'll save the grand tour for the finished product.

Our first now in the shell of our new home was spent celebrating Fabian's adult birthday.  I baked him a Chocolate Cake with Strawberry filling which was made from the strawberries I grew myself in my little garden.


He might have aged up to adult but I have to say he is still my handsome as ever.


The cake turned out to be delicious which surprised me as I am no Betty Crocker. We spent the rest of the night just talking about our plans for the baby, the house and our future together.


The day we were both waiting for came sooner than I expected.  I had so much more work to do on the house but the baby wasn't hearing any of that.  I really wish my parents were alive to meet their grandchild.  My father died first and my mother soon followed.  They both knew that I was expecting but sadly their time ran out before the baby was born.


Fabian freaked out as soon as we got to the hospital.  I don't know why he was going crazy as I was the one in pain.


Just than a conctraction hit me and I screamed in pain which must have sent Fabian into a complete state of panic because......


he ran straight into the hospital leaving me outside.


I had to check into the hospital on my own while my husband was God knows where.


I still didn't know where Fabian was when they brought me into the delivery room.


I found out later on that Fabian stayed in the waiting room watching whatever sporting event that was on TV.


While he was building up his fun bar mine wasn't doing too well.  I don't know what was worse the labor pains or this damn contraption they strapped me into.


All my fears and pains just went away when I heard the first cry of my baby girl.


I heard Fabian cheer from the waiting room and I wasn't sure if they told him that our daughter was born or his team just scored.


I held my daughter and started bonding with her while they were getting the birth certificate prepared.  We had already decided on the name Everly if the baby should be a girl which is what we will call her.


Now that the baby is born its time to lose some of that pregnancy and pre-pregnancy weight.  I decided I should go jogging every morning.


Fabian is so good with the baby.  He calls her his little pumpkin.  After we got married the pizza place that he worked for went out of business and he hasn't been able to find any work since.  Of course he is not trying to find work which is ok.  While he is taking care of the baby and keeping the house clean, I'm able to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table.  I don't do my rounds every single day but the frog breeding, dragon fruit and grapes that I am selling makes me a bundle.  I'm slowly decorating our house and pretty soon we will have enough money to go on a camping vacation.  Well as soon as Everly is old enough we will go as we can't take a baby camping.


It wasn't long before it was my birthday and we celebrated with a cake.  Since I have been trying to slim down a bit we have been eating a bit healthier.  Even Fabian has been eating the energy plates I have been making lately.  I'm trying to keep all of us healthy but on birthdays we should be able to have a treat especially since we had more than one birthday to celebrate that day.



Everly had her birthday on the same day as I did.

Aspiration-Rambunctious Scamp and Trait is Bookworm


Our daily lives are certainly busy.  While Everly is in school we start out tending the garden which is something that Fabian helps me out with.  Well not that I give him too much of a choice but he doesn't complain anyway.  We might not have to do this too much longer as we are making enough on our harvest that we can hire a gardener to help us.  I will still do the fertlizing and harvesting myself but it will be nice to have help watering the plants and spraying for bugs.  Once that happens Fabian and I might have a little more quality time for each other.


When Everly comes home I help her with her school work and while Fabian cleans up the house.


After she is finished Everly goes out to play while I make some dinner for us. Than later on we all watch TV before going to bed at night.  I do have to say that we have a wonderful life.

Authors Note-I have to confess I haven't taken many pictures this time around so House 2 is going to be a quick one.  I basically forgot to take pictures of the house during its developement so I will just give the grand tour at the end.

Baby names and traits are always randomized.  The game randomizes the names and child traits are randomized here and teen and young adult traits (and/or aspirations depending on the rules for the next house) are generated here.

While playing this house I decided to try out the house traits when Vihisha said they were ok to use.  I decided not to use them after the initial try out as I wanted this to be more challenging.

Erica's goals for house #2
  1. Create a 2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom home worth at least $40k Simoleons (after Depreciation)
  2. Marry and THEN Move-In a "working Sim" (examples: Mail Carrier, Gardener, Pizza Delivery)
  3. Complete the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration
  4. Produce and raise an Heir to the Young Adult lifestage





6 comments:

  1. Love the name Everly! Why is it all husbands seem to watch tv/play when the baby is being born lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with the name too. I would have never thought of it on my own so I'm glad it was on the randomizer. I know isn't it strange that they all go watch TV after they do their little panic dance. LOL

      Delete
  2. Aww congrats on Everly and I love the name. I can't believe that is something EA came up with!

    Fabian better be glad he's cute after not being there for the birth of his daughter. At least he's a good daddy to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised on the name too. I made a rule that I would accept whatever name the generator came up with and this time I really did get lucky.

      Fabian is a good daddy and takes care of the baby on his own a lot. He does have a lot to make up for since the television was more important to him than his wife being in labor.

      Delete
  3. Everly is such a cute name! She looks cute too.
    I see you are using a different trait generator than I do. I use this one: http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-random-trait-generator/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name and the randomizer that the game gives us. I have to check out that randomizer to see if its better than the one I'm using.

      Delete