Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Diary of a Drifter-House #3-Chapter 1-The Legacy Continues


The cab left me off at this big and empty lot.  I had just enough money to pay for the ride over to this place and now I had nothing left in my pockets except a note and some envelopes handed to me from my mother.  She asked me to read the letter and open the envelope marked #3 when I moved into my new home.  She also asked that I not open any of the other envelopes as they were not for me.  I unfolded the note and read my mother's message to me.



I knew that my Grandmother did have a trust which was buying us the land in which to live in but we never received any simoleans from that trust.  I just didn't know that the keeping the family out of the bin depended on if I failed or not.  I decided to open the envelope and see what my tasks were.




Well no worries Grandma.  Your legacy is safe with me so....


I better get to work as I am sure I'm going to have to take care of my basic needs soon and I don't even have a pot to well you know.

Authors Note:

I decided it was time to give them a main reason for continuing this legacy and I do have plans for this town once it is rebuilt.  I figure if I'm building a town out from nothing I might as well get some use out of it.  Here are Everly's task for this generation as listed on the Drifter Challenge Rules:


  1. Create a 2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom home worth at least $40k Simoleons (after Depreciation)
  2. Complete the Angling Ace Aspiration on the Main Sim
  3. Achieve level 10 of the Gardening skill on the Main Sim
  4. Achieve level 10 of the Fishing skill on the Main Sim
  5. Upon reaching level 10 in both Gardening and Fishing you may now Build or Place a Park on the Desert Bloom Park Lot in Oasis Springs.
  6. Acquire a Cow Plant and collect 5 unique Essence potions by interacting with it
  7. Produce and raise an Heir to the Young Adult lifestage

10 comments:

  1. Well Everly is off to the races! I can't wait to see how she does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep she has started her life in her new home and she has some work ahead of her.

      Delete
  2. Finally caught up with your story. Love the diary style. Looking good for House 003.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm having so much fun with this challenge :)

      Delete
  3. I love how you did the letters in this one! It brings more depth to the story. And I still love the whole "bin" thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm going to keep the bin thing going even when we move to Newcrest. The letters will be a problem as I mentioned 24 of them so I'm going to have to make a change to that.

      Delete
  4. The letters are creative! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm binge reading your challenge now (catching up on recent drifters!) .. and I have to say, I love your idea with the envelopes and having it be a surprise. Really an ingenious way to tell the story. I do my blog more commentary-style, but I really appreciate the difficulty on making these be stories. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also binge reading, and I too like the way you've used the envelopes. Very clever. I'm eager to see what life brings Ms. Everly.

    ReplyDelete