Thursday, February 22, 2018

Diary of a Drifter House 5-Chapter 4-Two New Additions


The artwork Chevy and I complete at work might seem to be one of our biggest accomplishments in life.  Our careers seem to be progressing along nicely.




Both of us have made it to level 9 of our careers but I do not see this as my biggest accomplishment in life.


These two wonderful boys and the loving family we have created together is what I consider to be the biggest accomplishment ever.


However if Deja has her way I might have to raise another set of twins.  She didn't do so well babysitting the boys for me so I do have to question her parenting abilities.


Deja's contractions started to hit her in the middle of the night when all of us were sound asleep.  Her screams woke all of us up with the exception of Chevy.  How he didn't wake up when he was closest to her is something I will never figure out.

Somehow Deja was able to wake him up but he was in such a panic that he couldn't think straight.  Bentley started to laugh at his brother but that was until I reminded him that he didn't exactly have nerves of steel when I went into labor for the twins.  Bentley's facial expression changed in a heartbeat so he decided it was best to try and calm his brother.  When he couldn't I suggested that he drive them to the hospital.


As soon as they arrived at the hospital, Bentley received an emergency call at the station so he was only able to drop them off.  Luckily for Deja the doctor arrived at the same time and was able to help her go through the check in process.  Chevy was still in a panic and was of no use to Deja at all.


Deja was in labor for 10 hours before she was ready for the delivery room.  During that time Chevy was able to calm down enough to help her with her breathing along with watching whatever was TV that day and making himself a TV dinner.  At least Chevy was calm for a little while however the calm didn't last long at all.


I have to admit I would have freaked out myself when this happened.  It seems that the doctor made a minor boo boo as she phrased it and tried to remove something he had ought to let stay there.   Poor Deja was so frightened that she passed out for a little while.


Somehow the doctor was able to correct the mistake quickly and do the perform the correct procedure which is to deliver a baby.  Chevy and Deja became the proud parents of a baby girl.  They named her Brittney and I have to say that Deja's maternal instincts seemed to kick in a little.  Now that I have high hopes for Deja being able to take care of her own baby by herself, I can do something I have wanted to do for a very long time for myself.


For years I have always passed the pet stores and seen the adorable puppies in the windows.  All I ever wanted to do was go in there and pick one up and just give the precious little puppy all the love in the world.  However my Dad told me that the pet stores weren't open for business yet and there weren't any puppies available for adoption.  That all has been changed now as the Animal League has been opened recently and they had just received a litter of cockapoo pups.


I sent in a request to adopt one of those sweet little puppies and the very next day they showed up with this little sweetheart.  Her name is Emma and I was told that she was a good hunting dog however her coat would require some care.  She would need regular brushing to avoid mats along with trips to the groomer.  Poodles do not shed but Cocker Spaniels do so we will have to vacuum often to keep the hair off the rugs and furniture.  She will require some training as she is starting to show a bit of an aggressive streak.


None of those negative points mattered to me as I fell in love with her almost immediately.  She is the sweetest little puppy ever and she quickly became a part of the family.


Emma certainly was an active puppy who ran all over the house all the time.  House training went fairly well but she did have her fair share of accidents.  She barks a lot which I guess is coming from her aggressive side which we are still working on.  Before we knew it she aged into an adult dog but its apparent to everyone that she is still a puppy at heart.


Brittney's birthday came around soon enough and took us all by surprise.  For a minute there we thought we were wrong about the headcount we had going in the house.  Brittney was running around like any active toddler would but there was still a baby in the bassinet.  It had to be our eyes playing tricks on us or maybe some of the paint fumes were getting to us because a couple of hours later there was no baby anymore just a cute little toddler getting into everything.


It was really nice having a little girl in the house.  Brittney turned out to be so freaking cute and Deja and I loved doing her hair and buying sweet little dresses for her.


The best part is that she loved to dance.  Being a music lover I always have the stereo on even when I'm painting.  She would dance all day but....


eventually it catches up to her and before we know it she curls up on a chair and just falls right out for a nap.


Deja is settling into her parenting answers for all problems just sit them in the highchair and give them food.  Of course Brittney tosses all the food to the floor whenever Deja does that.  Emma doesn't mind this one bit at all.  Life is a regular all you can eat buffet with Deja around.

House 5 To Do List

1) Create a 3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom home worth at least $100k Simoleons (after Depreciation)

2) Achieve level 10 of the Painting career
-Patron of the Arts branch - on either the Main or Secondary Sim

3) Achieve level 10 of the Painting career
-Master of the Real branch - on either the Main or Secondary Sim

4) Achieve level 5 Photography
-On either the Main or Secondary Sim

5) Complete the Photography Treasure Hunt:

A completed Treasure Hunt collection should yield 10 photographs with all items, colors and Sims/Subjects used only once.

Required Items
1. Hats (Hats and Masks)
2. Hair (Hair, Facial Hair and Eyebrows)
3. Makeup (All types)
4. Accessories (Glasses, Gloves and all Jewelry)
5. Tops (All types)
6. Bottoms (Underwear, Swim Bottoms, Shorts and Pants)
7. Skirts (All types)
8. Full Body Outfits (All types)
9. Socks (Socks, Tights or accessory Leggings)
10. Footwear (All types)

Required Colors
1. Red
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple
7. Pink
8. Black
9. White
10. Brown



6) Produce and raise an Heir to the Young Adult lifestage


3 comments:

  1. Brittney is adorable! Such a weird glitch with the baby still there...
    Cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a weird glitch and I didn't even notice it until I went through the pictures. I did have fun with the puppy in this house and I do like the details to the dog breeds. Haven't played with a cat yet. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. OMG SO CUTE!!! Both Brittney and Emma. I'm glad Skylar is doing so well in her career and as a mom. She's well on her way to doing her part to keeping the family out of the bin.

    ReplyDelete