Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Diary of a Drifter House 1 Chapter 5-Queen Darlene's Palace (completed)

We received some very good and unexpected news today.  I'm still excited over this and it really is going to help us out.


After all this time Travis actually was promoted!  And it only took him forever and a day to do it.  Maybe if he didn't skip work so he shake and shimmy his ass all over the house he would have been promoted sooner. Oh well at least he was promoted and I get to plan how to spend that $506 on the house.




The next day was my little girls birthday.  It's really hard to believe that she is a full grown lady ready to move out on her own.

Travis' birthday is coming up in a couple of days and luckily for us we finished Queen Darlene's Palace.
















Maybe its not as big as a palace to most people but to me it's perfect.


Erica moved out this morning so she could go on her own journey and find her own palace.


We will miss her which goes without saying, but Travis and I are looking forward to having the house to ourselves.

Author's Note-This was a short update due to the fact that there was not much left for Darlene to do.  I just put the finishing touches on her house which is now available in my gallery:

Queen Darlene's Palace

Final House Value:


I decided to change the lot names to include the founder/heir's name and since Darlene is the founder it is only fair she be named the Queen.  The next house will be titled Erica's Escape.

Thanks to Jazen I will be getting a new trait generator as random traits seem to make the game more interesting to me but I finished Erica with this one. Sometimes I do make the game harder for myself than it has to be.  This is one of those times as look what Erica rolled:


Non Committal! This is perfect now that I see she needs to marry in the next baby daddy.  Oh well I wanted a challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing house 001!!! Lol, it took Travis a long time to get that one promotion! The house is beautiful, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I had fun decorating this house and building it up basically from nothing. It was mostly Darlene's money as Travis really didn't help out at all financially. He skipped work quite a few days which is why it took him forever to get that promotion. I'm looking forward to house #2

      Delete
  2. hahaha sorry to laugh at Erica's trait. It will certainly make getting her married more interesting. Does she have to stay married to him, or is divorce an option if she wishes it?

    Congrats on completing Queen Darlene's place! That's awesome and you did a good job on your first build in S4. I know you're like me and struggle with building. This challenge will give you lots of practice though so yay for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you should have seen my reaction when that popped up. I should have figured I was going to get hit because her other two traits were good ones. I don't think she has to stay married but anyone who moves into the house cannot be moved out. If a divorce moves them out like in Sims 2 than its not an option.

      Yes I do struggle with building so I'm hoping this challenge will be some building skills. I actually did find out that redecorating a house like we do in Sims 3 is allowed as long as you have the money for it. I do think I'm going to try and build the houses though.

      Delete
    2. Oh and on the one that I use, it is an 'app' you download to your computer, but it's easy. The only drawback is it doesn't have the kid aspirations loaded, but since they only have 3 you can just cycle through them at will on that. It will give you the 3 traits upfront and you can just plug them in at will. If I had thought about it I would have just done that myself with Hayes, but you live and learn right? LOL

      Delete
  3. Congrats on completing the first challenge! The house turned out nice :)
    I'm looking forward to see what the traits of Erica will do to her challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I had fun with the first house and my first build in Sims 4. I'm still getting used to the game but these challenges are helping me through.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing house 001! The house looks great and I loved reading Darlene's journey. I like how you're naming the houses too. Looking forward to reading Erica's house next.

    ReplyDelete