Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Diary of a Drifter-House 3b-Chapter 6-It's about damn time!


I was a little bit concerned about Kayden after this "Alien story" he was telling us and I was watching him for the next few days.  However nothing strange happened to him at all.   He still tells this far fetched story though which I wish he would stop especially with Harry.


If any good has come out of that bizarre story it is that Harry has developed such an interest in science that he has started playing with his chemistry set. Hopefully he doesn't set the house on fire like Dashawn did as a child.  I do have a sprinkler system installed so we should be fine.


Next we have a series of birthdays coming up.  First up is my baby brother is becoming an adult.  Well I use that term loosely as he still fights with Kayden a bit.  The fighting isn't as bad as with Israel but bad enough.


The fighting would probably be worse if it wasn't for Kayden's obsession with the woodworking bench.  I bought that for me so I could increase my mechanical skills but Kayden seems to love it.  Since I became an expert in do it yourself repairs by fixing everything Mother breaks when she visits us at night, I decided to let Kayden keep the woodworking bench for himself.  I just have to get that thing out of my kitchen.


The next birthday was mine.  It really was a surprise as my husband and brother decided to call a truce for that day just to get me this birthday cake and sing happy birthday to me.


I blew out my candle and wished that the house could be this peaceful all the time.


Next I did receive some new clothes from Harry and a gift certificate to the beauty salon from Dashawn.


I do have to admit that I love the hair style and my boy certainly does know my taste in clothes.


Kayden gave me the gift I love most.  I have to say he is really getting to be very talented woodworker as he made me this vanity which fits in perfectly with the decor I used for our bedroom.







I seriously can spend hours pampering myself at this mirror and this bedroom is turning out just as I wanted it to.  None of the madness that goes on in this crazy house seems to bother me when I'm in my bedroom.  I guess I was fortunate enough to get my birthday wish.


The next birthday was Kayden's.


He blew out his candles but all of his gifts were the same.  We all knew all he wanted to do is spend time making new furnitures and sculptures out of wood so all of us including Dashawn purchased him materials to use at his woodworking bench.


I read about this forgotten grotto that you could find while exploring at the park. American Angler magazine claims that is where a sim could catch the exclusive Bat fish which is the last I need for my collection.  I really need to finish this before I die or its back to the bin for all of us so I decided to give it a try.


And what do you know I did it.  I caught 20 different types of fish!


I did it I finished my part in keeping the family out of the family bin.  Now it is up to my son to follow in my footsteps.


Now I don't have to fish anymore unless I want to as I do find it to be a calming and relaxing activity.  However I want to spend more time with my son.  After I seen him playing chess in the park, I bought a chess table for the house and he loves to practice all the time.  I join him there now and I'm slowly telling him about his Great Grandma Darlene and how she left us a legacy to fulfill.  We don't know what is in store for Harry as his envelope will be sealed until the day he becomes of age and takes control of the family legacy but I'm just preparing him for the adventure that is opening up for him.


Before I knew it Harry's birthday was here,


and my little boy grew up into a handsome young man.

Author's Note:  The Vanity cannot be made with the woodworking bench I just added that part for story purposes.

Everly's Goals:

  1. Create a 2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom home worth at least $40k Simoleons (after Depreciation) 
  2. Complete the Angling Ace Aspiration on the Main Sim 
  3. Achieve level 10 of the Gardening skill on the Main Sim 
  4. Achieve level 10 of the Fishing skill on the Main Sim 
  5. Upon reaching level 10 in both Gardening and Fishing you may now Build or Place a Park on the Desert Bloom Park Lot in Oasis Springs. 
  6. Acquire the Cowplant and collect 5 unique Essence potions by interacting with the Cowplant 
  7. Produce and raise an Heir to the Young Adult lifestage
Basically I do have a 2 bedroom/1 bath home worth over 40 K but I haven't finished putting the finishing touches on it which is mostly decorations so I'm not crossing it off the list.  

We just have to wait for Harry to age up to finish the last requirement.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing the aspiration! It was a hard one! You still have plenty of time to work on the house. Harry is looking very cute! I like Kayden's makeover. It suits her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the aspiration and Harry is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow no fights this time. Congrats on all the birthdays. Everyone aged up nicely and Harry is quite handsome. Woo-hoo way to go Everly keeping the family out of the bin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on finishing everything (almost ;)) Harry did turn out very handsome. And I love Everly's room!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! I'm so happy for you! Harry is indeed handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete