Friday, October 6, 2017

Diary of a Drifter-House 4-Chapter 8-Skyla with Finale


After my Dad died my Mom found this box which had my name on it.  I found my father's journal in it and a bunch of envelopes with numbers on it.  I'm not sure at the moment what this is supposed to mean but the first envelope with the #5 on it has my name on it.  My dad put a sticky pad note on it that this was to be given to me on my birthday.  I decided to respect his wishes and not open the envelope until that day.  This journal was about his life and I figured that I would be the best person to finish it off.  Mom can't as she feels that a part of her died with my father and right now she is inconsolable. 



I never realized until today that grim sometimes has a sick sense of humor, but I guess he can because he is who he is.


When Mom first realized what was happening she ran as fast as she could and made it there in time.


She pleaded for Harry's life and we couldn't believe it when grim answered our prayers.



Dad got to live another day or so we thought.  Dad was hungry and he went inside to get himself a hamburger.  Usually we only made grilled chicken but Dad was just given a reprieve from the reaper so what is the point of counting calories.


Dad never even got to taste his last meal.  It wasn't even an hour and grim never even left the house.  I was still in shock from the first time I almost lost my Dad and now here it was happening most likely for real this time.


I pleaded for my Dad's life this time but it didn't matter.


As my pleas fell on deaf ears.


And that was the end.  Dad was truly gone.  He was a wonderful father and I loved him so much.



We handled our grief differently.  Mom either slept all day or pulled the covers over her head so she could cry my eyes out.



Me I was sad and angry.   I just wanted to scream and hit something.  I looked for the dollhouse so I could smash it but hot headed David got to it first.  Blarffy, my old friend was here so he bear the brunt of my frustrations.


I did feel better spending time in Dad's laboratory as this is where I have the most memories of him.  Every time I enter this room I feel his presence as if he never left us.


Getting my homework completed on time was never that important before but now I feel as if I need to make Dad proud.  And Mom too.  This whole experience has been hell on her and just when you think nothing else can go wrong something does.


It was time for Aunt Dana to leave us as well.


 Mom was sleeping in her bed and David and I couldn't get there in time to plead for her life.  I doubt it would have helped anyway.


We buried her right outside with Dad and that other lady that died at David's birthday party.


Dad did come back for a visit and it was really good to see him again.  He did bring a smile to Mom's face for a change.


Mom is starting to age a bit too which has me worried.  We just lost Dad and Aunt Dana, I don't want to lose her too.





David had a birthday too but with the mood in this house no one was into celebrating.


This is when something unexpected happened.  We were prepared for Dad and Aunt Dana's death but we weren't prepared for Mom's.  According to the doctors she was healthy and had plenty of time left.  Out of nowhere she collapsed in Dad's garden one day and that was the end.


I pleaded for Mom's life but of course Grim was not hearing one single word I said.


Both Dad and Aunt Dana were there to help her cross over to the other side and Dad assured me that she was going to be fine.  So much loss in so little time.  I didn't even feel like celebrating my birthday anymore and I didn't.




This should have been a happy day for me as I was off to start my own life on my own adventure but I just couldn't bring myself to smile at this point.

Harry's Goals for House 4:


  1. Create a 2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom home worth at least $50k Simoleons (after Depreciation)
  2. Achieve level 10 of the Rocket Science skill
  3. Achieve level 10 of the Scientist career
  4. Travel to Sixam
  5. Acquire at least three unique items exclusive to the Get To Work expansion
  6. Befriend and Move In an alien
  7. Produce and raise an Heir to the Young Adult lifestage

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the goals!
    How sad about all those deaths.
    Your heir is pretty! You can have fun with the slob trait. In one of my houses I experimented how dirty they would make the house before one of the sims started cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing!

    So sad, so many deaths this update. :( Skyla is starting out on her own without her parents. At least she has things that will let her remember them when she's sad.

    ReplyDelete