Sunday, October 22, 2017

Diary of a Drifter-House 5-Chapter 1-A Couple Of Starving Artists

I would like to thank my very good friend Jazen for sending me Chevy Platinum who will be one of the main sims in this household along with my 5th generation heir Skyla.  The links to her blogs are on my blog list on the right.


I waited all my life to find out what fate my families legacy has held for me and as soon as I get here I fall asleep.  With all the deaths and than the drama over David I was tired out.  I knew I had to move out and I petitioned the court for legal guardianship of David which I was denied because I was too young and I wasn't family.  They were going to send him to a group home for teenagers until I decided to call up his father Felipe Feng.  I told him we would make David's paternity public knowledge unless he took his son in.  The threat worked but he didn't actually take David in, he sent him to a private boarding school and promised to provide for David until he was old enough to take care of himself.


One thing I didn't realize at the time was that my new home would be right next door to Grandma Everly's house.  My father grew up in that house and Zander Patel who was an elder now still lived in it.  Zander used to come and visit us every once in a while so at least I had one friendly neighbor.


I finally awoke and looked at the empty lot that was to be my home for the rest of my life.  Such a big lot of land even bigger than the one I grew up on.  How was I going to build a home here all by myself.  Hopefully the contents of the envelope would give my some kind of explanation.




Well my future is in art.  Hopefully I can be creative enough to become a successful artist.  At least Grandma said that I could get some help.  I called the art school asking if there were any aspiring artist's from other universes looking for a place to stay so dirt cheap it was actually free and they sent one over.


His name was Chevy Platinum and when I talked with him I found out that he was indeed from an alternative universe.  When I first explained to him that there was no house at the moment he was ready to leave.


I knew at the time this would be hopeless no one would help me without a place to sleep.  Chevy seen how depressed I was and stayed to console me a bit which worked out in my favor.  We made an agreement that we would work to build the house together but we would be co owners with both our names on the deed.  I took that deal in a heartbeat and it did sound fair to me.


We both were able to get jobs in the painting career but we needed to buy easels, paint, canvas and all sorts of painting supplies not to mention putting a roof over our heads.  We quickly got to work earning money.  Chevy spent the day fishing.


I spent the day on the rounds and joined Chevy fishing as soon as I was finished.


We didn't do bad at all for the first day.  We had a place to eat, sleep and bathroom facilities.  We were lucky because we moved in on Friday and our first day on the job was on Monday.  Hopefully we will be able to start on our house soon enough.

Author's Note

Skyla and Chevy's House 5 To Do List:



1) Create a 3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom home worth at least $100k Simoleons (after Depreciation)

2) Achieve level 10 of the Painting career
-Patron of the Arts branch - on either the Main or Secondary Sim

3) Achieve level 10 of the Painting career
-Master of the Real branch - on either the Main or Secondary Sim

4) Achieve level 5 Photography
-On either the Main or Secondary Sim

5) Complete the Photography Treasure Hunt:

A completed Treasure Hunt collection should yield 10 photographs with all items, colors and Sims/Subjects used only once.

Required Items
1. Hats (Hats and Masks)
2. Hair (Hair, Facial Hair and Eyebrows)
3. Makeup (All types)
4. Accessories (Glasses, Gloves and all Jewelry)
5. Tops (All types)
6. Bottoms (Underwear, Swim Bottoms, Shorts and Pants)
7. Skirts (All types)
8. Full Body Outfits (All types)
9. Socks (Socks, Tights or accessory Leggings)
10. Footwear (All types)

Required Colors
1. Red
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple
7. Pink
8. Black
9. White
10. Brown

6) Produce and raise an Heir to the Young Adult lifestage

2 comments:

  1. I love the letter from grandma Darlene!
    How sweet Chevy consoles her. Best of luck to them! Looking forward to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Chevy! Hopefully he'll help Skyla get her goals met quickly. Sad about David, but at least his father is trying to somewhat do what's right by his son now. With Dana gone, he no longer had the leverage to deny his child! Good for Skyla.

    ReplyDelete