Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Diary of a Drifter-House 3b-Chapter 1-Third times the charm

Author's Note-It turns out that my second shot at this was another fail so I'm just going into the third time.  This time I'm sure it will be successful.  I do blame myself for playing so lax due to my work schedule on the last shot but it ended with the house not finished (which I could have just finished building as she had the funds) and only 18/20 fishes caught on the aspiration (that was the killer).
Ok here we go with attempt #3.



Here I am again in this empty lot starting out my life again not for the first or second time but the third!  I'm beginning to feel like a cat who has nine lives. Someone needs to get their act together up there so this family can move on. Well I'm not going to bore everyone with everything they already know.  I've been doing my rounds and I started off the same as I have everytime before so I will only tell you about the changes in my life.


Dashawn came to live with me again after Mom died but the circumstances around Mom's death were different this time.

Mom liked to call me up to go to parties with her which I accepted after I had the 1 K in my bank account according to rules.  Why she called my before that I haven't a clue since she knows fully well what the rules say.


The night started out great we were dancing and I met this mail carrier named Kayden Orr.  We seemed to hit it off right away.


However the night was to end tragically.  Mom passed away right than and there.


I begged and pleaded with Grim to spare her life but everything I said fell on deaf ears.  My Mom was with my father now so it was up to me to bring up my brother and keep the family legacy going.


I took this pretty hard and just cried in my tent for weeks but my friend Stacy dragged me out and gave me a lecture about how I had to move on with my life. I guess she was right my Mom wouldn't want us to mourn her that much.


She even sent me a text from the great beyond to send her condolences on her passing.

Something funny happened when I went to lunch with Stacy.  We didn't see it but everyone else in the restaurant was talking about it.  Look who was behind us across the street while we were eating.


It was ole Grim himself just floating by hoping to go unnoticed.  Sorry Grim when death comes to the neighborhood people notice.


I guess he is staking out this elder as he sat down and had a baked potato with him.  Gee I didn't know Grim liked baked potatoes.  Maybe if I would have made a steak dinner with baked potatoes he would have spared my Mom.


Well Stacy's words came through loud and clear.  I need to move on and start my life over again now.  I can't wallow in self pity or I might be doing this again someday.  Time to get moving and maybe I should give Kayden a call.

Authors Note:

I was able to pick up Erica's grave and put it on the lot so I expect to start seeing visits from Erica's Ghost.

Checklist:
  1. Create a 2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom home worth at least $40k Simoleons (after Depreciation) 
  2. Complete the Angling Ace Aspiration on the Main Sim 
  3. Achieve level 10 of the Gardening skill on the Main Sim 
  4. Achieve level 10 of the Fishing skill on the Main Sim 
  5. Upon reaching level 10 in both Gardening and Fishing you may now Build or Place a Park on the Desert Bloom Park Lot in Oasis Springs. 
  6. Acquire the Cowplant and collect 5 unique Essence potions by interacting with the Cowplant 
  7. Produce and raise an Heir to the Young Adult lifestage

7 comments:

  1. Aww sorry you failed a second time. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hoping this will be the last time I have to do this house.

      Delete
  2. Sad that mom died again, but good that you could grab her grave! I hope she will visit often as a ghost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss Erica and you will see that she decided to visit often. She even helped out when she could. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe erica sent a text beyond the grave about her own passing lol. Ok, though, seriously, RIP again, Erica :( I loved this chapter. It made me laugh a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that was funny. She was sending condolences on her own death. I'll miss Erica.

      Delete
  4. Best of luck this time around! :)

    ReplyDelete